Saturday 5 September 2015

Increased Food Blog Revenue By 3x in Just A Month Time

My food blog income when using Google AdSense

Back in the days when I was getting only few visitors a month, I was using Adsense, like any other blogger who has just started out. But as the traffic wasn’t much, the Adsense revenue wasn’t good either. At least not what you call an earning, my focus was on generating more traffic to the blog as it would also increase the Adsense revenue.
Adsense not working
I was wrong, even when I started getting 3000 page views a day, I was making $3/day ( or 99/month) on an average, which means I would get a monthly check of $100 (which is the minimum threshold of Google Adsense to gt a check) only if one day in that month my Adsense could do more than $3 in revenue.
I learned my lesson in the first month itself, and it was that the traffic is not the only factor to increase your earnings. Most of my traffic was coming from Social Media sites (as I mentioned that in my previous post), these people are blind to ads or let me put it like this, they were clever. The other reason I think was that there aren’t too many advertisers for food/cooking topic.

0 comments:

Post a Comment